What happened to the paper based course I thought I was paying for?

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
Hi All! I've just enrolled on the Supporting Teaching and Learning level 3 certificate. I signed up for the paper based study, which suits me better than online learning, but all I have been sent is a level 3 Diploma text book. When I enrolled it said I would get sent one unit at a time through the post, once the assignment was completed and marked, the second one would be sent through. but I seem to have ended up with an entirely online course and a text book from a different course to refer to. I am also confused by the epearl site and the Stonebridge one, which one am I meant to upload assignments to? The epearl site is a complete mystery to me, very confusing to someone unused to online study. I feel I've paid for something I'm not going to get?
Photo of Dora Powell

Dora Powell

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Michelle Gerrard

Michelle Gerrard

• 40 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Hi Dora, I also signed up for the paper course but had to wait weeks for the book to arrive through the post. I had no idea where the assignments were and no real guidance from the information pack. I registered on the Stonebridge site and ended up doing my course online, which I actually find much easier to follow. I use the textbook as an additional resource.
I load all my assignments via the epearl site and my tutor is great in responding within a few days.
Photo of Dora Powell

Dora Powell

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Yeah that's exactly what's happened to me. I'm annoyed they offer it as a paper based course, when it's clearly not,( I think they possibly used to do it differently, but have moved to online versions) I will be ringing them tomorrow to ask for my £10 postage to be refunded or reduced. At the time I thought they'd be sending me each unit seperately so it was worth the first class price, but clearly this one text book is all they'll be sending! I've found my way around the site now, think I'll be ok! 
Photo of Michelle Gerrard

Michelle Gerrard

• 40 Posts
  • 5 Reply Likes
Good luck with your course Dora