TA Diploma Course

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: discussions have had no activity for over a year

i i have started my course and so far done quite well but now i have reached assignment 4 on the ta diploma course i seem top have come to a stand still can anyone please give me some help and point me in the right direction??? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Photo of SarahD

SarahD

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of James Gilfoyle

James Gilfoyle

• 65 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Generally speaking Sarah, Stonebridge say that all the information you need is included within the lessons unless it actually tells you otherwise within. So you do have the answers - we just need to narrow it down and figure out what the question is actually asking.

What I usually do when stuck is look at the last question - where was the information to answer that in the course material? I've found that a lot of the times the questions methodically examine the information presented so you can usually find the answer to the next question nearby.

Or is it the actual question - and its wording that you are struggling with? I've seen a fair few hairy questions while doing assignments! I usually get somebody else to read it to me so I get the chance to take it in differently or try to break the question down to figure out exactly what it wants of me.

Hope this was helpful Sarah, let me know how you get on!
Photo of SarahD

SarahD

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
thanks James what it is the question asks you to discuss 5 important school and statutory frameworks that directly impact upon the assistants work with pupils now in the booklet it does mention these frameworks but does not make it clear upon what they actually are. I think i know what they are but was wandering if i was right in what i was thinking hence the reason i was asking people for help.
Photo of MichelleH

MichelleH

• 12 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi i was wondering if you can now help me with this question as i am at a stand still with this question???
Photo of James Gilfoyle

James Gilfoyle

• 65 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Ah I see Sarah, I think in this case it might be prudent to conduct further research online with regard to the frameworks that it mentions which will no doubt lead you to others. Once you have a good idea it might be worth sending your tutor a note to ask if you're on the right path.

Send your email to tutor@stonebridge.uk.com and I am sure they will be happy to tell you if you are right else be able to point you in the right direction.

Be sure to include your student number, course details and assignment number. :)
Photo of katy

katy

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi,

I am totally having a brain block on questions 2 & 3 on assignment 4. Dont know why ! I have been fine on the others but really want to get this sent off :-(

Please help someone. ..

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Teaching Assistant Diploma Assignment 4 Questions 2 & 3.
Photo of HeatherL

HeatherL

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
that got me thinking aswell, think its not written very clearly.
i concerntrated in the end on what a teaching assistant needed to do to ensure the student was fully supported within the school. 'By being aware of the schools frame work (structure&rules) and encouraging understanding and inclusion' is that any good to you? Try expanding on how you might help and what support might be avaliable.

Im now struggeling with assignment 5 - ICT, joyful!
Photo of Ellen Gunner

Ellen Gunner

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi All
I've also hit this same brick wall, I've re-read the courework book and am still at a loss as to what Question 2 is all about? How did you all do in the end and can you give me any pointers? Thanks
Ellen
Photo of Daniela Burge

Daniela Burge

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Ellen
question 2 is quite easy look at page 2 some of the answers are there...eg
working in partnership with the teacher...working within the statutory and organised frameworks... hope this helps...Daniela

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.