Is anyone studying towards the Counselling children and Adolescents diploma?

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Photo of BeckyG

BeckyG

• 9 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Liz Deane

Liz Deane

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have just signed up and waiting for my stuff.
Photo of Marie Muller

Marie Muller

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Good morning Liz. I'm Marie Muller and I've started level 4 in the middle of November and all is well. My teacher always send her feedback in 2 days. The only thing is I can't seem to be able to find a book other than the actual course to read online. I may have to go to the library. How are you doing in that course, is all clear for you? I haven't studied yet. I just realized that this course is telling me a bit about myself and it helps a lot. This is my first class in this college. I saw it online and I decided to take it and I'm enjoying it so much. I'm just looking to change my career because God has put in my heart that Physical Therapy is a temporary career and Child Counselling is the one for me. I'm passionate in speaking with people teaching them and advising.

Give me a call sometimes Liz at 631-4803792 Nice talking to you. Have a blessed day.

(Edited)
Photo of Karen Logan

Karen Logan

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Yes enjoying this course although I am a qualified counsellor I wanted to study this course as part of my development. I'm onto assignment 10 now. Feedback is good and back in a day or two! Good resources are BACP, Action for Children, NSPCC, Child Development & Psychology books. Research John Bowlby, Piaget, Melanie Klein, Freud, Carl Rogers, Winicott,  hope this helps.
Photo of JadeD

JadeD

• 14 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I am studying this, if you have any good reads to help research further please share as I'm struggling to find any :(
Photo of JadeD

JadeD

• 14 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Help........if anyone is also studying this and have found any good research sources please share as I'm struggling to find any. Just want to be able to understand in full??????? Thanks for any suggestions

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Help.....is anyone studying counselling children and adolesents.
Photo of Karen Logan

Karen Logan

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
yes I am studying this course too, Im wondering about question 7 on assignment 1. Does anyone know if the question relates to IPR, just wondering if im on the right lines?

Thanks
Karen
Photo of Karen Logan

Karen Logan

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Sussed Question 7! Sorted!
Photo of JadeD

JadeD

• 14 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Have you found any good sources of research. Well done on question 7 :)
Photo of Danni James Was Warne

Danni James Was Warne

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I am not sure how to answer question 7 on the 2nd assignment. (3 statements that qualify to be self-motivating. Would love to hear from somebody that has already done this question. also roughly how many assignments to each module are there?
Photo of JadeD

JadeD

• 14 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
There are roughly 3 assignment to each module. Look for self motivating statements
Photo of Karen Logan

Karen Logan

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi, for research articles you might want to look at NSPCC research also Therapy today sometimes has good research articles and the BACP, hope this helps

Karen
Photo of Sarah Morgan

Sarah Morgan

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, I've just signed upto this course, are you all enjoying it? Is it turning out how you expected?
Photo of Sharon Hunt

Sharon Hunt

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I've just passed assignment 1
Photo of JadeD

JadeD

• 14 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Yeah I am I have just passed assignment 6 now got a day to kick on with next assignment :)
Photo of Sharon Hunt

Sharon Hunt

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Well done how you finding it?
Photo of Karen Logan

Karen Logan

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Im onto assignment 3 apart from research is everyone just answering the questions from there college resource tutorials? thanx
Photo of Danni James Was Warne

Danni James Was Warne

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I'm on my 4th assignment now, enjoying it. Will try and have it completed by next week.
Trying to motivate myself, in a better routine now
Photo of Sharon Hunt

Sharon Hunt

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Its routine I have trouble with such a busy house.
Photo of Sharon Hunt

Sharon Hunt

• 11 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi can anyone help with q4 on assignment 2 ???
Photo of Kelly Wilson

Kelly Wilson

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am quite far ahead with this, and wondered if anyone is doing the final? Just wanted to know what to expect when I come to it in a few assignments time. :)
Photo of chelley

chelley

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
study material for counselling children and adolescents course.

hi all ive just enrolled on the counselling children and adolescents course and was wondering if anyone had any tips for study material, thanks.
Photo of Kel Jamie

Kel Jamie

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi ive just started im on my first assignment but confused my question 7!!
(Edited)
Photo of Charlotte

Charlotte

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
child and adolescent counselling question 2.

Is anyone at the beginning stages of this course? I have not sat exam questions for quite some time and feeling rusty. On the first assignment question 2 where is asks you to define; do you put this into your own words or do they want the exact definition as in the course materials?
Photo of Kashi Belli

Kashi Belli

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi!
Photo of Kashi Belli

Kashi Belli

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi! I am on module 2. A book on the topic is Counselling Children,Adolescents and Families by John Sharry. (sage publications)
Photo of Karen Logan

Karen Logan

• 9 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Hi, I am on module 11! Define means 'Describe' so describe exactly what you think a conditioned response is and also a block, give an example of your understanding. You can use your assignment notes to help with your answer but expand by researching.

Hope this helps

Karen