Cache Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools (QCF)

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • (Edited)
Ive received the course yesterday and im already struggling! Its very different to my last course but i do remember being a bit baffled at the start of my last course and then you start to get into the swing of things so i am hoping that will happen this time too!! Would be great to hear from anyone else doing this course...
Photo of Lisa Umm Ayesha

Lisa Umm Ayesha

• 25 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Vikki Elliott

Vikki Elliott

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
i am doing this course i have just got my marks for assignment 3 back. i have been using other methods other than the book sent to me for example the internet... i have found using other methods very helpful
Photo of jiya

jiya

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
i submitted my 1 assignment still waiting for feed back......i m doing online method can some body tell me is online method is good or should i use the other method paper method
Photo of richard

richard

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Vikki pls would you direct and advice me on some of the sources? Thanks
Photo of David Brian

David Brian

• 8 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi Vikki pondering question 6 this seems to be asking the same as question 3
Photo of Andrea

Andrea

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Welcome everyone :) I have even been on the Facebook page everyone is so lovely ... welcome David and Richard

Photo of AlbertBarkley

AlbertBarkley

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I think dissertation writing services might help you for cache level 3 assignments..
Photo of Lisa Umm Ayesha

Lisa Umm Ayesha

• 25 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
I failed the first assignment first time :( think ive got the hang of it all now though. Im finding it very frustrating that the tutor takes the full 3 days to mark the assignments, so it slows progress down a lot! My last tutor was great, would have my assignments marked on the same day the majority of the time. Ive found the internet useful too...
Photo of Charr Louise Nottage

Charr Louise Nottage

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
ive not heard anything back from my tutor yet and i sent all 3 of my assignments off 3 weeks ago and just finished the 4th one today and sent that one off. i had an email off tutor queories so hopefully something will be done now. im impressed that ive not asked for any assistance throughout the whole thing but now i am completely stuck on the final!
Photo of Rachael Kisby

Rachael Kisby

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am currently completely stuck on the final exam and also have not needed any support throughout the first 4 assignments and have passed them all. How did u do with your final exam? any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Photo of MissWotsit

MissWotsit

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hi all! I recceived my course materials on saturday and so far have just done one of the activities, trying to get back into studying, i havent studied since i was in school many years ago!

I am looking to speak to people that are doing this course, as I am a bit lost at the moment as to where to start its all a bit daunting, however, i am really looking forward to doing it!

Just a quick question, if you do fail any of the assignments can you retake them?
Photo of Lisa Umm Ayesha

Lisa Umm Ayesha

• 25 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Yes you can resubmit assignments..
Photo of MissWotsit

MissWotsit

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi all! New here, is anybody studying the Cache Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools (QCF) ? I am just waiting for my course materials and intrigued to hear what others' experiences are!

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Cache Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools (QCF).
Photo of Gill Carter

Gill Carter

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi all, I've just started this course and currently working on the first assignment, I'm on Q5 so far, it's harder than I thought it would be!! After reading above that Lisa Umm Ayesha failed the first one I'm now bricking it! What comments do you get? Do they point out where you failed?
Photo of Lisa Umm Ayesha

Lisa Umm Ayesha

• 25 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Dont worry Gill, you`ll do fine. I passed it 2nd time and it literally took me 20 minutes to do the extra little tweaks that needed doing. The tutor writes a comment on what you need to change if anything.. I think the first assignment is always the worst as your a bit unsure as its all new :)
Photo of Gill Carter

Gill Carter

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you, I hope so! Good luck to you too.
Photo of jiya

jiya

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hey.....guys i jst started that course..........lisa can u tel me how to submit the assignment please ......its hard
Photo of David Rogers

David Rogers

• 7 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Log on to StudentZone with your student ID and password and there is a menu heading at the top entitled "Upload a test". Click this, fill in the form, then browse to and attach your assignment doc.
Photo of richard

richard

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Lisa, pls what was roughly ya word limits for da 200 word essays?
Photo of Nicola Pallett

Nicola Pallett

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm doing this course too. I've just finished TDA31 and am about to start on TDA32.
I had to resubmit 1 question, I got a comment saying 'Please expand on the comments you've made about cultural contaxts - a couple of examples would help here!'
I did a bit more and got the full marks.

This course isn't exactly what I expected. I am enjoying it and am learning, but I thought it was going to be more about classroom based stuff like planning, risk assessments, etc etc but so far has ben about building positive relationships, communication and policies, procedures, confidentiality and data protection.
Photo of AmandaS

AmandaS

• 24 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes
I completed this course last year (before I heard about Stonebridge). I found it very informative. It was a lot of work but I managed to achieve an A grade at the end of it that I am very proud of :) Good luck to all those who are completing this!
Photo of Vicky Handlebars Hannabuss

Vicky Handlebars Hannabuss

• 8 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
any chance of helping me on the final examination. Totally hit a brick wall!!
Photo of Rachael Kisby

Rachael Kisby

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
me too.
Photo of Victoria Bean

Victoria Bean

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi,
I have just started this course too and am getting my school placement sorted out. I was just wondering if anyone has any tips as to how to set up the supervisor discussions. Do you have regular meetings and do each units discussion separatley or one big session at the end or several discussions covering several units? Any help would be appreciated as I am meeting the head next week and would like to have some suggestions as to how it all works in practice.

About to send off my first unit answers but now wondering if I have written enough. I thought I would send it off and see!

Thanks,
Vic (just getting my head round it all!)
Photo of Nayyarain Malik

Nayyarain Malik

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi all.. i have just enrolled into this course and was wondering if any budy cud be my study buddy inorder to help each other in assignments and test etc... i hope there is sum one who needs help or would like to help to achieve good grades... :)
Photo of Gill Carter

Gill Carter

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, I would like to buddy up with someone too! Struggling a tad!
Photo of Nayyarain Malik

Nayyarain Malik

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hi... so when did u enroll on the course? is it online or the book method u chose??
Photo of Gill Carter

Gill Carter

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I enrolled the end of August. I'm doing the online course as that was the only option.....how about you?
Photo of Nayyarain Malik

Nayyarain Malik

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
m doing online course aswell.. i started 13 of sept n now waiting for d lessons to be uploaded.. did u start any of d assignment???
Photo of Gill Carter

Gill Carter

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes I'm nearly finished the first assignment
Photo of richard

richard

• 10 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Malik can I have ya contact?
Photo of Nicola Pallett

Nicola Pallett

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Gill. On-line was the only option for me too. Through laser learning site?
I'm not sure if everyone on this thread is talking about the same course tbh.
Some of the comments don't make much sense to me in relation to what I'm doing.......
How are you finding it?
I'm working on TDA32 and have just completed the first answer about the provision of early years
Photo of Gill Carter

Gill Carter

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I think you're right Nicola. I'm doing Teaching Assistant: STLIS CACHE Level 3 Award. The first assignment is Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults.
Photo of Nicola Pallett

Nicola Pallett

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes. That's the one I'm doing. I've completed that whole section and now looking at schools as organisations.
Photo of Gill Carter

Gill Carter

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ah ok.....I'm on the last question so hoping to finish it this evening to submit for marking! Eek! So worried I will fail. How are you getting on with the second assignment?
Photo of Nicola Pallett

Nicola Pallett

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Don't worry too much Gill. You can't fail, worst case you just resubmit until you get it. I had to resubmit my answer for the question about cultural differences. Got it the second time.
The bit I'm on now about understanding the structure of schools and education is a bit boring but getting there!
Photo of Gill Carter

Gill Carter

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Ooh ok will bare that in mind!
Photo of Michelle Middleton

Michelle Middleton

• 13 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Hi everyone I have just received my course material for cache level 3 award in supporting teaching and learning in schools. A lot of the posts I have looked at seem to be quite old. Anyone else just starting out?

Photo of Cindy39

Cindy39

• 4 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Michelle, i  have just started this course and just wondered how you are getting on??
Photo of Suzanne Waters

Suzanne Waters

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Anyone studying the QCF course Level 3 - Supporting Teaching and Learning in School with 50 hour school placement?

Would love to hear from you

Suz x

Supporting Teaching and Learning Level 3.
Photo of Jane McDonough Hines

Jane McDonough Hines

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Suzanne, I've just submitted unit 1 of this course....will be interested to see how I've got on with no guidance whatsoever! Was just wondering if you were sent any course materials other than Louise Burnham book? Just thought we would have been given more resources or at least pointed in the right direction. I'm sure I will settle into it though.

Jane x
Photo of Gina Wilson

Gina Wilson

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I have just started my teaching assistant level 3 cache a few weeks ago, i have done loads of revision and also work 5 days per week at my local primary school as a volounteer ta and have 5 children between 4 and 11 so plenty of experience there. The problem is i cant get my answers for q1 and q2 down to below 400 words and the recomended word count is 200. I have tried and tried but 400 is the very least. this does not include information relevant to q2 on principles and values which i have taken from pg vii and pg 59 of the teaching assistant's handbook level 3 (all fully referenced) which i thought would also need to be included but this in itself is around 400 words so could i still add it in or would i put it seperate to the answer for question 2? so confused and only on the first two questions.

Teaching assistant level 3 cache.
Photo of Elizabeth Ann Goodman

Elizabeth Ann Goodman

• 14 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
hi all have you been doing bibliographys for this course?

Elizabeth Ann Goodman

• 14 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
gina, I've submitted a lot if my work over the word count, it's just there as a minimum guideline.
Photo of Gina Wilson

Gina Wilson

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
how much over have you gone, i'm on q9 now and on all my answers i've got around 800 words where it should be 200 (or 100 on some of them) theres just to much info relevant to the questions.

Elizabeth Ann Goodman

• 14 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
gina, I've submitted a lot if my work over the word count, it's just there as a minimum guideline.
Photo of JoanneB

JoanneB

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
TA Level 3 (QCF)
I'm struggling with Question 11. Explain policies and procedures that are in place to protect children, young people and adults who work with them.
How much would you write and would you go into detail regarding physical contact etc....?

QCF Level 3 TA.
Photo of Joanne Bulzacchelli

Joanne Bulzacchelli

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
just got my results back for ass 3 and failed on 3 questions. I found this one a lit harder than ass 1 & ass 2.
Photo of Gina Wilson

Gina Wilson

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am just wondering if anyone used any other sources to answer q9 Main points of legislation and procedures concerning confidentiality, data protection and disclosure of information) other than the teaching assistant handbook and how much detail did you go into.
Photo of Amy Simpson

Amy Simpson

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Photo of Emma

Emma

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi I am currently on my first assignment, and to be honest i am not able to find enough information in the Lesson document. Can anyone help me with some external resources to answer the effective communication with people from different social backgrounds. I have tried Google but all i can find is communication with people from different cultural backgrounds.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Emma

TA CACHE Level 3 - Help required with links external resources..
Photo of Jenni Paulley

Jenni Paulley

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I've never done an online course before, just signed up to CACHE level 3 QCF and I'm a bit bemused by the whole thing and not really sure where to start. Anyone just signed up and want to be a study buddy?! I think I could really do with some support. Any feedback really appreciated. Thanks in advance. Jenni
Photo of Emma

Emma

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Jenni,
This is my first online assignment too, and to be truthful I thought that more study guides and content would have been made available instead of the one book that was provided.

Not sure what a study buddy would involve as its all new to me, but if we can help each other out with study resources then that would be great.

Let me know if i can help.

Regards,

Emma
Photo of Jenni Paulley

Jenni Paulley

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Emma,

Thanks for the reply, I didn't even get a book? Does it come through the post or do you have to download it? I chose the online option so assumed everything was available online. To be honest I've only had time right now to browse through things and will properly start when all this Christmas buzz is over, but I did think there'd be more available. Also, regarding the assignments, is it the questions in the 'download test' bit next to the lessons that we have to answer and do we answer them on that form/boxes provided or do we have to upload as a word document as there is an option to do that?! I just found it a little confusing. I'm also unaware of what a study buddy will entail but I guess it's nice to chat to someone facing the same situation as it's all very unfamiliar to me. Have you started any activities yet? I think I'm going to settle down around the 27th/28th to give the first assignment a good look at etc. If I don't speak to you beforehand then have a good christmas and we'll hopefully catch up after then. My email is jenlar (@) hotmail . co . uk

Thanks again

Regards

Jenni
Photo of Morgan John

Morgan John

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you for the sharing nice post i really like it.
https://www.cheap-essay-writing.co.uk/assignments-writing-services-uk/
Photo of Nicola Pallett

Nicola Pallett

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm currently studying CACHE level 3 award in supporting teaching and learning in schools and am really stuck on question TDA32-4.1 Summarise the laws and codes of practice affecting work in schools.
Anyone else doing or done this who might be able to point me int he right direction of how to answer?

Cache level 3 award in supporting teaching and learning in schools. Help needed with TDA32-4.1.