i am looking for some info on course qualifications?

  • 3
  • Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
I have completed 2 x level five and 2 x level four courses and want to move forward towards a degree course but I need to find out if the courses are listed on the ofqual, qualification and credit framework?????

is there a QAN number on the certs? unit ref numbers? credit value? etc.?

I have done;


anger management professional coaching and consultancy

advanced psychotherapy

drug, solvent & alcohol counselling 

Photo of Brian Latta

Brian Latta, Champion

  • 64 Posts
  • 11 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

  • 3
Photo of Louise Mullins

Louise Mullins, Champion

  • 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi I have completed all these courses too and more, with Stonebridge. CBT is the equivalent of a level 5 QCF/NQC the same as a level 7 (2nd year of an undergraduate degree with a university), Advanced Psychotherapy/Drug and alcohol abuse counselling level 4 (Level 6 QCF/NQC 1st year of an undergraduate degree with a university). All colleges/uni's are different in their requirements however a level 4 course with Stonebridge is the equivalent to the entry level of an NVQ  level 4 which both Uni's in Bristol and my local colleges (3 of them) except as entry for an undergrad degree 9with or without hons). However I expect that your local uni would be the same as mine and except you straight onto the second or final year of an undergrad degree with your CBT diploma as this is a level 5 (equivalent to second year of an undergraduate degree). I hope this helps. In regards to what you can do with your qualifications as they stand I see no reason why you cannot practice now as a counsellor. I qualified from Stonebridge and gained full professional membership with NCS and CABCP and am working towards accreditation by obtaining a diploma in Psychotherapy for longer term work with clients. I have been practicing in private practice for almost a year and have professional indemnity insurance and adhere to the registration requirements of CPD which includes online and short workshops on various counselling related things. I see no reason why you can't earn money from what you have whilst yopu continue to study.

Kind regards
Photo of Godwin kelly Ajoku

Godwin kelly Ajoku

  • 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
my name is kelly from germany and I want to take up BTEC diploma in law and plan to come overthere in for the final year in one of the universities located there in england.my question is,can I get entry to university with stonebridge BTEC diploma in law?Pls i would be gald if u e-mail direct (unistudying@yahoo.com) tnx-