• 45 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • excited

Posted 8 years ago

Photo of Yvonne Hughes Bloor

Yvonne Hughes Bloor

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, is there anyone out there doing criminology level 3. I have just completed assignment 6 and am really enjoying it although does anyone else think it would be helpful to receive a grade for each assignment so you know if you are adding enough information?
Photo of Matthew Thomas Pearce

Matthew Thomas Pearce

• 13 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I have just finished assignment six as well. Probably my best assignment. Really enjoyable.
Photo of neil parkinson

neil parkinson

• 8 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi, yeah I'm just starting assignment 5. Your right a grade would be good cos I worry that I'm not putting enough information in even tho I've met the word count.
Photo of Shells Talbot

Shells Talbot

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Criminology Level 3 course.

Is there anyone currently doing Criminology Level 3? How are you finding the assignments? Do you know if there is a final exam at the end? I have just completed Assignment 7. What course would you recommend to do next?

Yvonne Hughes Bloor

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Shells, I have just submitted assignment 12 and I am finding the course fascinating and loving getting back into studying after all these years!! Yes there is a final exam which is assignment 16. I am thinking of doing forensic psychology next but depends whether I can afford the fee. Good luck.
Photo of Shells Talbot

Shells Talbot

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Thanks Yvonne. I am now on assignment 8 and the writing is getting a bit easier I must say. How long has it taken you to get to assignment 12? I was thinking of doing forensic psychology as well but wasn't too sure.

Yvonne Hughes Bloor

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi shells, how are you getting on? I have just submitted assignment 14 and getting to the point where I don't want the course to end!!
Photo of Shells Talbot

Shells Talbot

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

I know what you mean Yvonne. I after each assignment I realise I am getting closer to the end.
Photo of Shells Talbot

Shells Talbot

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yvonne where did you find the information for Assignment 13 question 2? 
Photo of Claire Simcoe

Claire Simcoe

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hello All

I signed up for the Criminology Level 3 Diploma last week, and I've just finished planning Assignment One to start writing tomorrow. I too was surprised by how short the course lessons were, so I've been reading extra around the subject in 'Criminology: a complete introduction' by Dr Peter Joyce. I'll probably use what I'm reading in this external source in my assignments if I can.

For anyone else about to start, I'm doing the online version of the course and paid a little extra for the paper materials as well as I'm not a fan of studying from a screen. The assignment questions are different on paper though, but I've been told by Stonebridge to complete the online questions.

I was also told by Stonebridge that we don't need to reference the course lessons, only the external sources we use. This seems wrong to me (but I may be over-thinking!), but as I'm used to the Harvard Referencing System I'm sticking to that!

Shells and Yvonne: any advice for me as I'm just starting out? How have you found email response from your tutor/ the college, and how quickly have your assignments been marked and returned?

Hope you're having a good day, and stay in touch!
Photo of Shells Talbot

Shells Talbot

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Hi I haven't had any problems with my tutor. My assignments have been marked and returned within the 3 days time frame always. I am enjoying the course and I haven't brought any other resources to do my work. I have did online research for a few assignments though.

Yvonne Hughes Bloor

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The tutor who has been marking my work is brilliant and I have always got feedback the day after submitting each assignment on line. My advice is to read the questions carefully, use your common sense to answer and stick to the point. Believe me you will find it so interesting and will learn loads about the subject. Good luck. Keep in touch.
Photo of AdamL

AdamL

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
need some help on final exam of criminology for beginners.

need a hypothetical situation where i can use what i've learned on criminology for beginners in a real life working situation
Photo of Shells Talbot

Shells Talbot

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi I would use an everyday crime and base my answer around that.
Photo of AdamL

AdamL

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
thank you
Photo of AdamL

AdamL

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
im thinking of doing the level 3 criminology course as soon as i've paid up my forensics and profiling course fees but was just wondering how many assignments are there in the level 3 course
Photo of Shells Talbot

Shells Talbot

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
15 assignments and the final. I just finished them just waiting for my final to be delivered.
Photo of AdamL

AdamL

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Is anybody doing criminology level 3 and if so can i have some opinions please.
Photo of Shells Talbot

Shells Talbot

• 11 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am just about to do my final in it. It has been a joy doing this course. I'm sad it's coming to an end.
Photo of Claire Simcoe

Claire Simcoe

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Adam
I'm working on assignment 11 at the moment, but I have a different overall opinion of the course to Shells. Whilst tutor response to marking assignments is good, I've found that a lot of the course material is very out of date and too brief. The assignments reflect this; most involve you doing your own up to date online research to answer the question. I also don't like the fact that none of the course materials are referenced; this seems academically wrong to me. I have been referencing sources as best I can and am doing my own reading around the subject. I will complete the course, but it would be helpful to receive more detailed feedback on assignments. Perhaps I'm expecting too much for the price, but unless you are looking for a very brief introduction to criminology (nothing more), I wouldn't recommend this course.
Photo of zena larsson

zena larsson

• 16 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I agree with you Claire. However I have 6 assignments only (why do you have 11?) And I have an appendix at the end with a lot of references.
Photo of Claire Simcoe

Claire Simcoe

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Zena
I am doing the level 3 criminology diploma course that has 15 assignments plus a final. Are you doing the beginners criminology course? Perhaps that's why the number of assignments is different?
I have both the online and the paper versions, but haven't seen an appendix with either. Hopefully your material is more up to date than mine. I'm continuing to use the Harvard referencing system that I learnt with another distance learning provider as I don't want to loose the academic skill of referencing.
Photo of Mariama

Mariama

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Zena I am just doing my assignment 1 on health and social care diploma 3 and I hope to finsh it this week and send it off.
Photo of zena larsson

zena larsson

• 16 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Claire, the course name I'm looking at right now says level 3 criminal psychology. I dont know if it's a beginners course. Can u elaborate on the harvard referencing system you mentioned?
Photo of Matthew Thomas Pearce

Matthew Thomas Pearce

• 13 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
I have just finished assignment six. If anyone needs any help up to then, i am more than happy to help them.
Photo of Juliee

Juliee

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
needing abit of help with assignement 13 question 2, struggling to find any information to help with it so im guessing abit as im dying to get it sent off... but worried incase i fail it