Had to cancel course Stonebridge said i could cancel it but i wont get a penny back £300+ anyone else had the same problem?

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
Had to cancel my course as my volunteering workplace wouldn't support me with it with the amount of paper work Stonebridge said i could cancel it but i wont get my money back that I've paid £300+ anyone else had the same problem? customer services not very helpful with my case?
Photo of Chantelle Louise Cattermole

Chantelle Louise Cattermole

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • very let down!

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Stonebridge Student Support Team

Stonebridge Student Support Team, Official Rep

• 1194 Posts
  • 112 Reply Likes
We have looked at your case and can see that you enrolled on this course on the 12/01/2015, and agreed to monthly payments for this (you have completed a signed legal document to this effect).

Your cancellation request was received on the 9/05/2015, placing you far outside of the Distance Selling Regulations which allow a 14 day cooling off period in which to cancel.

Our college has incurred administration  fees in sending you material, creating an account for you and tutor allocation. Whilst we are unable to offer you a cancellation or refund due to this, we have written to you today to offer you a change of course, or to offer no further payments to be taken for your course. You will receive this letter in the next few days.

Best regards, 
Stonebridge Colleges
Photo of Jennfier Tremewan

Jennfier Tremewan

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
This is interesting... I have a letter from yourselves quoting that you 'must be fair to all students in treating all cases according to 'our' policies'. ... Yet you've clearly advised the candidate above that you would offer no further payments to be taken for their course. By contrast, you've advised me... candidate v169425 that I must pay for the course in full despite cancelling after only 30 days!!! Can you explain this? I'm still waiting for a response to my email on 2nd September.
Photo of Stonebridge Student Support Team

Stonebridge Student Support Team, Official Rep

• 1194 Posts
  • 112 Reply Likes
Hi Jennifer, your email sent in on Saturday will be responded to within 7 working days in order to provide a resolution to your cancellation request as soon as possible. We are confident that we can assist you, however we remind you that the cancellation period is 14 days, not 30. Stonebridge