Foot Health Practioner Course........ harder than I thought

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
Hi All, I'm very new to this and very new to studying, I'm from banking back ground and thought lets do something new and rewarding and as I don't have a fear of feet I thought this would be a great course!  However! It is much harder than I thought, its the terminology, you tube maybe my new best friend!  For those who are studying how is it going?  For those who have completed, how do you retain the terminology and information? 
I am more looking forward to the practical side and getting ore hands on.
Photo of Debbie

Debbie

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Kate Heaven

Kate Heaven

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
hi Debbie, I agree!!! I didn’t think it was going to be as detailed as it is, it almost feels like you’re training at medical school to be a doctor! I have found YouTube videos really helpful and I am going to purchase a poster of the foot model (as an actual model is very expensive to buy!!) so I can refer to it and take notes. I can only do short spurts of reading to take any of it in, but thought it’s just my age and it’s been a long while since I’ve taken this sort of information in! All the best and keep in touch
Photo of Debbie

Debbie

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Kate, nice to hear someone in the same boat!  Love the poster idea, will have to get online n order one also!
yes small chunks at a time for me also and youtube!
I've even deleted FB from my phone as I'm to easily distracted ha!
I'm more than sure it will all be worth it in the end!
Debs :0)

Photo of Sarah Slade

Sarah Slade

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I feel the same. I enrolled on the course a fair few years ago but after the first assignment put it away as I found it so tough. I even got an A level in biology almost 20 years ago but still struggled to find time and retain the info. I have decided to get it out again and knuckle down!! Grateful for any ideas, so the poster is a great idea! Good luck all!! Sarah
Photo of jayne bowes

jayne bowes

• 5 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes
Hi all
Just finished level 4 advanced , this is a great tri fold laminated poster, 7.49 with free delivery from a on line shop call The Wordery, it covers everything about the foot , hope this helps
Photo of Kate Heaven

Kate Heaven

• 8 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Jayne, How did you find the course and how long did it take you to complete? I know everyone will take longer than others but I just want to have an idea of timescale and some hope!!! Well done on completing!!!
Photo of Donna Eborall

Donna Eborall

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi I've just started the foot health practioner course, How long is it taking you to complete each assignment there is alot to take in
(Edited)
Photo of Sarah Slade

Sarah Slade

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi, I’ve just completed 2,3 & 4 in the last month. I find that using YouTube to learn the theory behind each subject really helps, rather than just reading the assignment. I will need to keep going back over them to refresh myself as I don’t want to forget it all.
There’s a lot to learn and I started in 2013, did my first assignment and then became so overwhelmed by it that I stopped. Glad I’ve picked it up again and now I have the focus to get on with it. So don’t let the volume of content put you off!
Good luck
Photo of Donna Eborall

Donna Eborall

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Wow that's good time, it would be great if we knew which bits we did need to actually learn rather than the whole lot of it as so much to learn. Glad your enjoying the course
Photo of Sarah Slade

Sarah Slade

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I know, there’s a lot of general biology to learn. I’m currently disciplined but it’s hard juggling work/family etc isn’t it! I hope my focus continues but who knows!? It’s definitely harder than I expected but it’s such a great sense of achievement and it’s doable, so I hope you do well Donna x
Photo of KATHERINE SACKEY

KATHERINE SACKEY

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi Donna,
Everything is possible and doable as you rightly said. Don't give up! I am presently pursuing Access to Social Work. Am also not having it easy but I have promised myself to complete it. Be determined to do it and you will be successful.

Let's wish each other good luck.

Katherine Sackey
Photo of Donna Eborall

Donna Eborall

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you and good luck to both of you, Sarah have you booked your practical training? I read on a earlier post about the earliest being November
Photo of Sarah Slade

Sarah Slade

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
No I haven’t, although I have enquired as to when there’s availability etc, I figured it’d give me something to aim for. Still waiting for a response.
I read that you couldn’t book until you’ve passed a certain number of assignments, do you know if that’s right?
Photo of Donna Eborall

Donna Eborall

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes I think so I think once you've finished so many assignments they are supposed to call you to book a date
Photo of Sarah Slade

Sarah Slade

• 6 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Photo of Louisa Moss

Louisa Moss

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi, i did the same. Looked through and put it away and thought i would never be able to remember the terminology. Then had another look and printed the first assignment and now more positive. I have just uploaded the first test and am a bit nervous as i do not have a clue to how many points is needed to be accepted. On the upside looking at the second unit is making me much more positive. 

Photo of Lisa Crittenden

Lisa Crittenden

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi all i have just stated this course today, I am finding it very difficult, I cannot pronuce most the bones and struggling with cells.  This is going to be a difficult 8 months
Photo of Donna Eborall

Donna Eborall

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Lisa
I started in March and have completed my 7th assignment now. All the answers are in the reading. It is quite hard to remember everything as there is alot to take in, make yourself little posters or write little notes/cards which you can keep looking at. It's very useful to order a large poster of the anatomy of the foot, help learn the muscles and bones in the foot.
Photo of Lisa Crittenden

Lisa Crittenden

• 2 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Thankyou what a great idea, been out of study far to long .. wow to you done really well xx
Photo of Donna Eborall

Donna Eborall

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hope it all goes ok for you lisa, what area are you in? When are you hoping to book your practical? x
Photo of Donna Eborall

Donna Eborall

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Lisa would you like to exchange numbers? It would be nice to keep in touch with you as your doing the same course . My numbers 07926979978