Child Psychology level 4

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
Is anyone doing Child Psychology level 4 at all and done/doing assignment 5? would appreciate some advice please :)
Photo of Leigh-AnneS

Leigh-AnneS

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Becky Felton

Becky Felton

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Child psychology.

Hi I've just enrolled in the child psychology course,I was wondering if anyone else has done it?and do I need any additional reading lists etc....any help would be fab x
Photo of Angie Southam

Angie Southam

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
child pyschology level 4.

i need to know about the exam for child psychology level 4 course. Is it a paper i do online,at home etc or do i need to take somewhere else? Please reply thanks.
Photo of Gillian Boate

Gillian Boate

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
You can do it at home, in your own time. just like the assignments.
Photo of kirsty

kirsty

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
hey i am currently stuck on child psychology assignment 2 the questions says critically describe two research studies that explain nature and nurture explanations of intelligence? has anyone done this question before and where can i find the right material to help me through it?
thankyou
kirsty
Photo of Gillian Boate

Gillian Boate

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hey I cant figure out which question your on, but you can find Harlows monkeys paper online (and youtube videos) and lots of information on Lorenz geese experiement.
Photo of samantha palmer

samantha palmer

• 8 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
doing the child psychology level 4 course,.....

hi im researching imprinting but finding the info online limited,does anyone have any good/usefull sites or can recommend and books that can help me ? help massively apriciated
Photo of Kelly Louise Welch

Kelly Louise Welch

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I'm doing child psychology level 4 and I'm confused can someone explain this to me please.

Can someone please explain to me as I'm confused Question 1 (Weighting: 30)
An intervention study was conducted on a group of 20 under-privileged children to see if environmental enrichment would improve their intelligence levels. At the age of three years, the children who were all from impoverished and overcrowded homes, began the intervention program, attending a special non-residential day school in which particular emphasis was placed on the development of social and cognitive skills. The children attended the school for 4 days per week until they began infant school.
What is the hypothesis of this experiment?
What is the independent variable?
What is the dependent variable?
Please give reasoning for your answers and then analyse the experiment, giving your own views as to its validity.
Photo of Jenny Webberley

Jenny Webberley

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
if you look in your course materials and go to self-assessment test 4 it pretty much gives you the answers you need, it is all explained in that section for the first three questions anyway as you would of answered them in the self assessment.
Hope this helps a bit!
Photo of Kelly Louise Welch

Kelly Louise Welch

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
assignment 10 child pychology level 4.

really confused can anyone explain this to me please, im doing child pychology level 4 and in on assignment ten. ive got slight learning difficulties so need things broken down slowly can someone please explain what i have to do thank u xx
Photo of Stephanie Ball

Stephanie Ball

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
can anyone help me understand the numbers that are at the bottom of the assignments? At the end of assignment 1 there is the number 30. what does this mean? do i have to make 30 points in that assignment to get full marks? that seems like quite a lot.

any help would be great. thanks
Photo of Stephanie Ball

Stephanie Ball

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hey! new comer here..

Hi

My name is Steph. I'm new to Stonebridge. I'm studying child psychology level 4. Hoping to meet people who may be doing similar courses to me or the same course.
Photo of Stephanie Louise Taylor

Stephanie Louise Taylor

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
hello there im a new child psychology student.

Hi all, I am new to Stonebridge and studying Child Psychology. Is there anybody else here currently studying this course? I was thinking it would be nice to have a somebody to talk to about the course etc, as the online courses do kind of lack the support of a classroom full of learners. first question I have is. ive just finished my first lesson and about to do the test, but once I open the test do I have to complete it there an then or can I leave it and go back to it? I don't want to open it and not have time to finish it and lose all the work i,ve done! any help would be great thank you
kind reguards

Stephanie
Photo of Nazia Khan

Nazia Khan

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
i m doing child psychology and i have completed my one assignment but i dont know that in how many days does i have to submitte my another assignment please let me know about it.
Photo of Gillian Boate

Gillian Boate

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Theres no time limit on submitting your assignment, the college asks that you inform them if you are going to take a break of 6 months or longer, if you don't tell them you may have to pay an admin fee. other wise take your time.
Photo of Gillian Boate

Gillian Boate

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Stephanie, you can open the test question and do not have to submit. I always open it before an assignment and write the questions on the back be fore I start studying, this means I know what will be asked of me and I can spend some time thinking on it. You'd be surprised what inspiration you get in everyday life if you are already thinking of how to answer at the end of the month. I've finished the course but I will still help if I can.
Photo of sarahH

sarahH

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
HI

just received my child psychology info, is this the right discussion board for this course? 
Photo of Donna Neale

Donna Neale

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi i have just started this course is this forum still in use by anybody 
Photo of Jane Brown

Jane Brown

• 4 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi. Doing child psychology level 4. Anyone else? Study buddy? :-).

Just completed assignment 1!  Nervous wait now!!
Photo of Donna Neale

Donna Neale

• 6 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
good luck there is a forum on facebook which is more used than this i just passed assignment 2 onto 3 now https://www.facebook.com/groups/365216190219387/597453030329034/?notif_t=group_activity

Photo of Donna Sutcliffe

Donna Sutcliffe

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
The link seems to be to a group that has now closed?
Photo of Donna Yates

Donna Yates

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
first asignment on child psychology level 4 but can not find the book cauld angels on child psychology anywhere can anyone help.

need to start my first asignment on child psychology level 4 but can not find the book cauld angels on child psychology anywhere can anyone help
Photo of Donna Sutcliffe

Donna Sutcliffe

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Donna did u find the book? Have u managed to actually link up with anyone on here? I'm finding it pretty impossible!!!
Photo of nicole morgan

nicole morgan

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I am struggling with assignment 5 in child physcology, can anyone help?.

the questions are-
what is the hypothesis of this experiment?
what is the dependant variable?
what is the independant variable?

I know the answers to these questions but it then goes on to ask me for reasoning and analyse of the experiment, It seems unclear to me. Has anybody struggled with this?
Photo of nicole morgan

nicole morgan

• 7 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Unit 7 in child psychology.

I am struggling with unit 7 in child pyschology I cant seem to understand the book, can anybody help???
Photo of Amanda Jane Aveyard

Amanda Jane Aveyard

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Child Psychology (4) course Activity 1. Calling all mums of 2 or more children to help me with my study please....

As part of the Child Psychology (4) course I am required to survey mums of 2 or more children to find out... 
a) What differences mums noticed between each of their newborn infant in their early days (up to approx 5 days old).
b) Have any of these differences remained between children?  

For example my own experience is that my daughter sucked her thumb from birth up to approx 3 years old, whereas my son has never sucked his thumb and is now 6 years old. He preferred a dummy.
 My son used to get spooked very easily as a baby throwing his arms up at loud noises/sudden movement and still does get scared easily (although not so much throwing his arms up in the air these days!) I dont really remember my daughter displaying this reflex as a baby though.

Thank you very much in advance for any stories you're willing to share.
Photo of Jess Foulger

Jess Foulger

• 14 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
hi there anyone passed assignment 9 on child psychology level 4 able to give me assignment 9 questions please??