Aromatherapy

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
Is anyone doing the Aromatherapy course? would be interested in anyone who has completed this course or have done any holistic courses through Stonebridge.
Photo of Eileen Sharples

Eileen Sharples

• 17 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
  • happy

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Chanelle Woodward

Chanelle Woodward

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Im currently doing the course amd love it! Iv done all otjer beauty related courses but 5his is what iv always had iterest in!
Photo of Eileen Sharples

Eileen Sharples

• 17 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Brilliant! Good to here that I'm not on my own. Are you thinking of doing this as a career in the future?
Photo of Tina

Tina

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Eileen, I have just completed the Aromatherapy Course and have loved it. Can you tell me where you order your essential oils as I'm looking to buy pure oils.  Many sites advertise their oils as pure or organic when it is not always the case. Thanks
Photo of Eileen Sharples

Eileen Sharples

• 17 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
naturallythinking.com I would recommend as they also do preblended, this saves time and is more cost effective. I also like the bottles. Also oils4life.co.uk and calmer-solutions.com. 
just a word of caution, ensure that the qualification that you have obtained does allow you to preblend oils yourself. If this is for general interest and want to learn more then get a starter kit. This is a better option.
Hope you find this useful. 
Photo of Tina

Tina

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Yes, very helpful. Thanks so much for your response a d you suggestions much appreciated.
Photo of mark thorson

mark thorson, Champion

• 35 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
hi eileen, yes i am, I won it as a free course! :) (Im also studying clinical herbalism and wanting to exchange my 3rd course for clinical nutrition)

what do you think of it so far? im on assignment 6 learning lots about anatomy and physiology :)
Photo of Eileen Sharples

Eileen Sharples

• 17 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
So glad you are enjoying the learning experience. Yes I too enjoying the learning experience. Herbalism sounds interesting!
I found the course material a little outdated in parts though. The diagrams were a little hard to read. A part from that aromatherapy is something I have been using on the family. As regards the anatomy I have also been doing a course with essential learning solutions an accredited by the federation of holistic therapist I think you gain something like 20 points once you qualify. I found this very informative and steadily working through the modules.
Good luck with the course.
Photo of Lynn

Lynn

• 6 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
Hello Eileen, I have been struggling with the ways to answer the questions. I am not quite sure what they are looking for and how brief or involved to answer some of them. My course is Aromatherapy level 4. I have no problems taking in the information and retaining it, I wish there was more information of what they are looking for.
Are all the answers found in the course material for assignment 1. I ask this because I cannot find 5 examples of plants used medicinally, only lots of herbs clumped into 3 medicinal uses, do I need to study the material harder or am I supposed to look externally for the answers. Please help, I'm just writing and rewriting my answers, spending a lot of time, when I would rather get the early part of the course finished so I can get to the more interesting parts.maybe I am making it harder than it is.
Lynn. M
Photo of Eileen Sharples

Eileen Sharples

• 17 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hello Lynn
If you look at the subtitle History you will find some information on ancient man -Neanderthal they used St. Barnaby's thistle, grape, hyacinth and hollyhock. Some where used as rituals for hallucination and to heal wounds.  Hope this helps. I also did some research myself . Also look at how Egyptains use herbs.20th century hospitals used Rosemary and Thyme as a disinfectant (juniper berry) is still very useful for this. Hope this helps...
Photo of Lynn

Lynn

• 6 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
I have read the assignment about 50 times now, I know it word for word, can't work out how they want the question answered 1. rosemary 2/ Fly Agaric etc, just naming the herbs used medicinally in ancient times, or 1/ Rosemary was used as a disinfectant, 2/ Lavendar was used for burns 3/ Fly Agaric to alter the mental state, which could alter the physical condition, stating the uses of each herb individually.
I am very grateful for your help but could you tell me how they want the question answered?
Would it be true that all the information needed to answer the questions  are always inside the assignment?
Thanks so much for taking the time to respond to my query.
lynn. M
Photo of Eileen Sharples

Eileen Sharples

• 17 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
You need to answer in a paragraph and state something like: During the 20th century for medicinal purposes Juniper was used as a disinfectant... you can also explain that during the plague (this is not stated) in the assignment but an example -people who worked in lavender fields and gardeners attending herbs were able to ward off illness.Hippocrates, the father of modern medicine, used aromatherapy baths and scented massage. He used aromatic fumigations to rid Athens of the plague. Similar today using a vaporizer can alleviate many health problems using Tea tree, eucalyptus and clove ...
Yes - the information is  inside the assignment. Look at the section on Egypt and explain in your own words... If you are still struggling ask your tutor. I went into a little more depth and explained things. However, what you stated is also good. To make things a little more interesting try a little research. Have you tried the student lounge there is additional reading there!
Enjoy..
Eileen

Photo of Lynn

Lynn

• 6 Posts
  • 4 Reply Likes
That's very helpful, thanks so much, I'm glad I asked I was thinking of doing it more of a list like Q 2. Thanks, I'm not really thick lol, just haven't done a distance course before.hopefully I'll get the hang of it. Many, many thanks.
Lynn. M
Photo of Eileen Sharples

Eileen Sharples

• 17 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Enjoy the learning experience! Good luck with it. 
Eileen
Photo of Eileen Sharples

Eileen Sharples

• 17 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Stonebridge Herbalists, Nutritionists and Aromatherapists are on Face book. Join this group to get more information and see how fellow students are doing.
Photo of Dawn Lyden

Dawn Lyden

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
I've just submitted my Aromatherapy Final - 4 days ago. Does anyone know how long the results take to come through?

Also, is anyone studying the Chinese Medicine? I think that's what I want to do next, but I need to save up.

Dawn.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Aromatherapy Final.
Photo of pheobe

pheobe

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi,
Ive just applied for the course today, as well as holistic massage, very excited! x