Anyone here doing Children and young peoples workforce QCF Level 3?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
Photo of kankshi

kankshi

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of kankshi

kankshi

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi everyone! :) 
Thats great news Rebecca that you have finished your Part B.. I have almost completed part B but have been struggling with Assignment 6 Task 21.4.. I would love some help with this task if you can point me in the right direction.. also my email address is kankshikhamar@gmail.com

thanks a lot!
Kankshi
Photo of Rebecca Jayne Hawker

Rebecca Jayne Hawker

• 29 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Will have a look. have you been involved in the referral process?

Rebecca Jayne Hawker

• 29 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
How are you doing with Assignment 6 now. Did you get my email?
Photo of Klára Darda

Klára Darda

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Im doing it, the stage A is not to bad but the stage B I'm completely lost. I've started my work placement on Monday and because working somewhere else can't stay for whole day. I don't know how to complete the assessment from stage B -I am just asking how they do this and that in nursery and writing it down attached to the assessment from stage B.
Also I have a question-do you know how many hours we need spent in real work place? On websites they say 100 hours and my tutor said 50hours?Thank you

Rebecca Jayne Hawker

• 29 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I believe the course states 15 hours per week. Not sure overall but your tutor should know what is acceptable so I'd go with their view.

As for Part B. Anything that says demonstrate or show in your own practice you need to ensure you have done and achieved that element within your work setting and get it signed off by your supervisor. In the course notes there are 'professional discussion' forms to undergo with your supervisor, or a witness statement which they sign to say you've done something specific and if you choose to do a report it won't need to be signed off as such (though better you can).

Does that help? The Part B is just showing you can put the theory into practice.
Photo of Klára Darda

Klára Darda

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Thank you very much Rebecca!Do you mean that my work place supervisor has to sign the assessment in stage B? Or only the ,, professional discussion" and the ,,observation " sheet? Sorry to bother you again with question. Thanks again!

Rebecca Jayne Hawker

• 29 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Have you submitted any stage B assignments yet? Each question you answer in stage B requires evidence, verified by your work supervisor, in the format of the observation or discussion sheets. The evidence basically backs up your answer to the question, proving you have done it within your work - does that make sense?

It is described in the course notes section.
Photo of Klára Darda

Klára Darda

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
No I haven't yet, I've started my work placement this week. Thank you. I'll have a look again.
Photo of Katy Knowles

Katy Knowles

• 15 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi all, I'm after some ideas and wondered if anyone can help. I need to start the practical side of my course and am in need of some ideas for my portfolio x

Rebecca Jayne Hawker

• 29 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Look at the assignment question for each bit and see what you can do in your placement to get it signed off by your supervisor. See what is available to you with resources, activities etc. What age group are you working with?

Rebecca Jayne Hawker

• 29 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Katy, are you on facebook? Nuturestore have some good ideas for creative, maths, science, sensory etc aimed at pre school and younger. Could adapt ideas for other ages too.
Photo of Katy Knowles

Katy Knowles

• 12 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Yes I am thank you so much I will have a look
Photo of Katy Knowles

Katy Knowles

• 15 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hey all,

Just wondering how long does it normally take for a tutor to grade an assignment as I uploaded my fifth last week and still haven't heard back?

Rebecca Jayne Hawker

• 29 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Have you received their reply to say they got it ok? When I emailed assignments I received that reply after sending mine. In that it stated that assignments would be mark and feedback sent within 10 days of them receiving it.
Photo of Klára Darda

Klára Darda

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Question-who did you ask to come to yours settings to observe you?And how much did you pay?thanks
Photo of Katy Knowles

Katy Knowles

• 12 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I am using one of the girls at my work. You can use anyone who have a level 4 or above
Photo of Klára Darda

Klára Darda

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
I do that to but I meant the assessor who should we arrange to come on the end of our course. It says in papers what we have from college. (Stage b)
Photo of Danielle Dakin

Danielle Dakin

• 19 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Arrggghh! I thought your tutor came out to assess you???

Rebecca Jayne Hawker

• 29 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
I have passed part B. My supervisor over level 4 witnessed & signed everything. She also certified it was my own work and that I had done it all. I have passed it and didn't require anyone else to observe me.
Photo of Klára Darda

Klára Darda

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Well I'm really confused now, later I'll take a picture of part where it is.
Also would like to ask you-there is a year to complete the course . How long are you doing it or how long did it take?Im working somewhere else and can't be in nursery every day so I found it little bit tricky ;-( I've started July and currently doing assignment 7 from stage A and assignment 3 from stage B . :-/

Rebecca Jayne Hawker

• 29 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

I started it in April and have just completed part a and b. Just waiting for it to be moderated.

If in doubt over anything on the course, just email your tutor and they will clarify in 48 hours

Photo of kankshi

kankshi

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Rebecca, how long has it been since you submitted for moderation and how long do you think it may take?

Rebecca Jayne Hawker

• 29 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
The completion letter said it should take 4-6 weeks for moderation.
Photo of Klára Darda

Klára Darda

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Photo of Klára Darda

Klára Darda

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Photo of Klára Darda

Klára Darda

• 10 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Sorry it's upside down my phone went mad. Hope you can read it what I meant by someone else to come and assess you.
Photo of Katy Knowles

Katy Knowles

• 15 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hey all,

I really need to get my arse in to gear and start my portfolio and the B part but haven’t a clue where to start!

Any help would be appreciated X