Access to Higher Education Diploma (Medicine and Healthcare Professions) Discussion University Application, Help & Assignments Etc.

• Idea
  • Updated 4 hours ago
Here is just a page for people to put their worries and questions on here as have started as this year.
A lot of people have worries and problems so wanted this as out there for people to see and comment on their own opinions.
Personally just about to start Unit 1 and everything seems fine with tutors responding in normal time and the interface has been easy and good.

I have made some connections on there as well to talk to other people doing the same course.
I checked with the HE website to check on this course and it accredited and Universities (at least in the North West Area)  Have accepted Doctors and alike using this course when I asked
Hope everyone else enjoys their time!
Photo of Steven Johnson

Steven Johnson

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
  • Excited

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of Sarah Johnson

Sarah Johnson

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Steven, I am doing the same course :) Feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment Im on unit 2 and in all honesty havent got a clue lol !!
Photo of Steven Johnson

Steven Johnson

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hurray for both of us ! Pretty sure you are top of the leaderboard on there ! :) 
Yes just going through it googled a Swot and hoping I have a main idea of it....not heard back from my first unit yet either to be honest ! Thankfully this isn't graded this unit 
Photo of 23 sparkes ariana Evora

23 sparkes ariana Evora

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Steven how are you? I just started today the same course as you and iam bit confuse I would like yo know how you doing amd and how you find? Thanks
Photo of Sally 'Mustang' Farmer

Sally 'Mustang' Farmer

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes

Hi both! I have started this not long ago and I am just finishing assingment 6. I wanted to see if there was anywhere online that students can actually talk to each other. Is this what people use or is there a facebook group or anything?
Photo of Steven Johnson

Steven Johnson

• 5 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
You must be tanning the assignments then ! I recently changed internet provider and it's completely slowed me down actually so just finished assignment 5 actually. As far as I am aware there isn't as people get other commitments and trail off and you only seem to find a small group that carry on with it ! 
I have Sarah on my connections though on the Pearl web page and keep up to date with her on that really :)
Photo of Miriam Sanger

Miriam Sanger

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
hi, just wondering how you are all doing on your courses? trying to do this course really quickly, so that can still get into uni for September so working really intensely. anyone free to help with advice on the units. find myself getting stuck on the assignment requirements...been a while since i was in school
Photo of Karlie Chadwick

Karlie Chadwick

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi I’m also the same I want to get it done as soon as possible so I have a fighting chance for uni. Iv just had my unit 2 sent back I need to amend Q1 but loosing the will to live. Can anyone help? Please
Photo of keely frettsome

keely frettsome

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi! I’ve just recently started this course and I’m already struggling!
Photo of nechama sinitsky

nechama sinitsky

• 4 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Need help?

nechama sinitsky

• 5 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hiya,
I am currently a month into the course and up to unit 7 assignment, would be happy to help out. 
Photo of Jenny Motin

Jenny Motin

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Nechama, I'm struggling on Unit 2, any advice?

nechama sinitsky

• 5 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Sure, what questions on unit 2? because q1 and q2 are smooth sailing as you are bound to know what your strengths and weaknesses are then just relate that to a theory in q2. For q3 is really personal and you shouldnt be afraid to write down what you do for yourself to keep going, strengths vs weaknesses and how you handle them and any problems you can forsee, this can be something has had happened before or something that tou anticipate based on what students generally deal with (timing issues) and how would you personally solve that. For question 4 i would recommend using kolbs learning cycle as stated on the guidance and finding one other theory to discuss, keep it simple. What is the inherent premise of the theory? How does it compare with Kolbs? How is it the same? How is it different? Which one do you like better? Why? 
Photo of tash_l_p

tash_l_p

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes
Hi Nechama, 
I am currently on Unit 5 and find that i'm not sticking to each section but interlinking them unintentionally. How did you find Unit 5? any ideas on how you set yours out to not randomly change from one section to the other or does that not matter? 
Natasha 

nechama sinitsky

• 5 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Hi Natasha. 
Personally for me i didnt change the sections i just changed the parts of each section  around to make it flow better. for example, for section one i first wrote about common characteristics of cells, then wrote about prokaryotic, then wrote up all on Eukaryotas AND THEN compared and contrasted the two. 

from there on the sections all then flow well, it is just the first that needs a little moving around.

I hope that helps you. If not message me again and we will work it out. 

Have a great day
Nechama

nechama sinitsky

• 5 Posts
  • 3 Reply Likes
Oh, and on the part of interlinking them, i headed each part of my essay according to what that paragraph was about: i.e common characteristics of living cells..then wrote about that, then made a new heading prokaryotic cells and wrote about that etc etc, along the way i would find myself adding in maybe one to two lines linking ideas up from previous paragraphs, but i would really say stick to how the assignment material is giving you in terms of layout , and try not to interlink too much as it will take up too much word limits.